The course will provide participants with principles of water analysis and all aspects of the analysis of both treated and untreated waters using both classical and the most advanced recently introduced physical techniques .
Chemists and Engineers who works in oil fields and refineries, and Technicians who works in chemical labs, Intermediate and high level, Operators and technicians in oil field and refineries .
Oil field Water Technology.
Theory of oil Formation – The Oil-Bearing Reservoir.
Emulsion breaking : Oil-In-Water Emulsions – Breaking
Oil-in-Water Emulsions – Treatment Methods – Water –In-Oil
Emulsions – W/O Emulsion Stabilizers – Breaking Water-in-Oil Emulsions.
Introduction to Analytical Chemistry :
- Theories of analytical chemistry – Water analysis labs –
- Preparation of chemical reagents – Gravimetric analysis.
- Precipitate formation titrations – Complex formation titrations.
- Instrumental Analysis – Acid base titrations .
- Inductivity coupling plasma – Ion Chromatography.
The Nature of Oil Field Water :
- Physical & chemical properties of field water.
- Analysis of field water – Total Cautions and Anions.
- Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) – The Stiff-Davis Index.
- Suspended Solids – Dissolved Gases – Problem-Causing Bacteria – Residual Oil – Chromatographic analysis .
- Heavy metals – Radioactivity of oil field – Scale prevention.