The objectives are to provide the participants with principles with principles of Applied Reservoir Engineering.
Reservoir and Production Engineers, and Geologists who are working in Petroleum Engineering.
Fundamentals of Reservoir Fluid Behavior.
Classification of Reservoir and Reservoir Fluids.
Undefined Petroleum Fractions.
Fundamentals of Reservoir Fluid Flow.
• Number of Flowing Fluids in the Reservoir.
• Linear Flow of Incompressible Fluids.
• Principle of Superposition .
The Material Balance Equation .
• Basic Assumptions in the MBE.
• Tracy’s Form of the Material Balance Equation.
Predicting Oil Reservoir Performance :
• Phase 1 : Reservoir Performance Prediction Methods.
• Phase 2 : Relating Reservoir Performance to time.
Water Influx :
• Classification of Aquifers.
• Recognition of natural water influx.
• Water Influx Models.