This course brings together a documented planning and design process, maximizes drilling efficiency and transfers the execution plan to the well site for implementation. Critical issues are identified and analyzed to maximize safety and reduce drilling costs.
Engineers, controllers, operators, and technical personnel in drilling and production operations .
Well Integrity Management .
- Principles & objectives.
- Organization and responsibilities.
- Well integrity management process description.
- Data management.
Well Coasting .
- Factors affecting well cost.
- Elements of well coasting.
- Risk assessment in drilling cost calculations.
Formation Integrity Tests and Well Planning .
- Fracture gradient determination.
- Theory of wellbore breakage.
- Casing seat selection.
- Formation damage.
Well intervention .
- Types of intervention.
- General approach to work over.
- Work over equipment and techniques.
- Selection of work over rig.
Well Control and Safety .
- Factors affecting well control.
- Well control theory
- Responsibilities of key staff.